The art of shaving Dick.
WHAT THE FUCK???
repeating tentacle patterns~
don’t even ask, I don’t know. free for use with credit!
queenshulamit said: Thanks for following me. I have been a big fan alas for years. Plus I think you are a very good cartoonist and you have a cute face. 😊
Thanks for following me, too, and for being a fan of Alas. And for liking my cartooning. I don’t know if I’ve seen your face, but I’m sure it’s cute, too. :-)
queenshulamit said: A request : name 5 indie comics which aren't that well known but which you think deserve a bigger audience.
You asked me to list five indie comics which I think deserve a wider audience. Hard to limit it to just five! But some of my faves:
Dicebox by Jenn Lee.
Family Man by Dylan Meconis.
As The Crow Flies by Melanie Gillman.
Big Questions (graphic novel) by Anders Nilsen
The Finder series by Carla Speed McNeil
and Modest Medusa by my studio-mate Jake Richmond.
There are a lot more than those, but those are the five, er, six that came to mind first!
The majority of famous artists in history have been men. The majority of patrons and commisioners of art, also men. The majority of purchasers of art… Yup, also men. This may lead people to believe that historically, women have not done those things. Which would be a facetious argument at best,…
I’ve been thinking about the Spider-Woman#1 controversy for the past week & couldn’t find my words…until now.
The problem is the amount of people who can’t see that there’s a problem. It’s not her physique & it’s not the anatomy. It is, however, the use of a fuck me pose at a time when the industry is in dire needs of attracting a new audience & all eyes have been focused on the industry as a whole over the past couple of years for claims of sexism, not only through artistic representation but with the business itself.
It’s also a major blow when your company has been the perceived leader with not only female lead characters, but also with female creators. Tom Brevoort’s “you hire Manara, you know what you’re going to get” explanation even goes to show that he’s clueless to the cause of the outrage. He dances around the point. The point is don’t hire an artist who turns everything into erotica for a book that’s hoping to attract non-erotica readers. The problem is that someone looked at this and thought, “Yes. This guy. This is what we need on the cover of our mainstream comics.”
Now as this blog shows, I’m no prude. I love erotic art [presumably] as much as the next person, and think Milo Manara does beautiful work. But also I’m not necessarily trying to attract new readers to maintain & increase my business growth like Marvel. There’s a time and a place for everything, and the cover to a mainstream comic with a female lead clearly wasn’t it.
Charles Burns inks John Romita Jr.!
The Burns story Naked Snack features this John Romita Jr. page from the 1983 Official Marvel Comics Try-Out Book that Burns “reworked” in the inking—but retained the original dialog.
I’ve been called a “racist” by folks who don’t even know who Kimberlé Crenshaw, Audre Lorde, or bell hooks are — and who haven’t ever read anything about "critical race theory." Not even its Wikipedia page.I see you. Your slip is showing. Do better. Your Merriam-Webster definitions (alone) will not do.
Here is a very cursory, very quick dump of some links you may find useful for quick-reference context when some ignorant jackass tries to insist that what is going on in Ferguson has nothing to do with race.
Note that this is not remotely comprehensive; it’s just what I happen to have open in tabs at the moment. Please add/amend/annotate as you see fit:
OTHER RELEVANT STUFF:
Best Twitter list of journalists reporting from the ground that I’ve found so far: https://twitter.com/thegarance/lists/ferguson
If you’ve got the money to spare, please throw some this way: http://twib.fm/ferguson/
(Edited to fix missing link.)
Do you ever just sort of die inside because if you were a fictional character, fandom would chalk up all your weaknesses and faults and blunders to misogyny on the authors’ part
"what’s fantastic about this movie is that it’s not that fucked up brand of feminism where the girls who arent like other girls and sip tea and read hemingway look down on the blonde party sluts. the message of the movie is like, you can be blonde and attractive AND enjoy stuff like shopping and partying and you can still be smart and kick ass!!!"
Yeah, because thin attractive blonde girls are soooo under-respresented. I mean I love legally blonde but come on.
More fat ugly weird heroines please. Not blonde party girls and not tea-sippers who are still thin and pretty and gender-conforming and popular and socially-skilled and abled.
Movies about fat ugly weird girls being awesome. ACTUALLY FAT, not Hollywood fat. ACTUALLY UGLY, not pretty girls who have been given glasses and a bad haircut which subsequently get removed. ACTUALLY WEIRD, not just “I like drinking tea, so ~quirky~” I mean the kind of weird where people randomly call the police on you when you are walking down the street because you are talking to yourself and walking funny. The kind of weird that gets you held down and sat on and punched on the school playground. The kind of weird where you’re asked to leave shops and restaurants because you’re “disturbing the other customers” when all you are doing is moving the way that is natural to you.
I want movies about Fat ugly weird girls.
- Fat ugly weird girls who like shopping
- fat ugly weird girls who like Hemingway
- fat ugly weird girls who like both
- fat ugly weird girls who like neither.
- Fat ugly weird girls who get almost perfect scores on the LSAT
- fat ugly weird girls with IQs below 60.
- Fat ugly weird girls who succeed in their chosen career
- Fat ugly weird girls who can’t even hold down a shelf-stacking job but who are still awesome.
- Fat ugly weird girls getting the hot guy.
- Fat ugly weird girls getting the hot girl.
- Fat ugly weird girls getting the hot genderqueer (that would be me!)
- Fat ugly weird girls getting the hot person and turning them down for another fat ugly weird person because the other fat ugly weird person is a nicer person.
- Fat ugly weird aromantic asexual girls who get romantic attention but say “sorry, not interested”
- Fat ugly weird girls who have loads of one night stands and never settle down
- Fat ugly weird girls of colour.
- Fat ugly weird girls with physical disabilities.
- Fat ugly weird girls with badbrains.
- Fat ugly weird trans girls
- Fat ugly weird single mothers.
- Fat ugly weird girls riding dragons.
- Fat ugly weird girls in space.
- Fat ugly weird girl spies.
- Fat ugly weird girl singers.
- Fat ugly weird girl scientists.
- Fat ugly weird girl poets.
- Fat ugly weird girl soldiers.
- Fat ugly weird girls travelling through time.
- Fat ugly weird girls bringing down the government.
- Fat ugly weird girls stopping people bringing down the government.
- Fat ugly weird girls solving crimes.
- Fat ugly weird girls who play the tuba
- Fat ugly weird girls with 17 very well-cared for pet lizards
- Fat ugly weird princesses
- Fat ugly weird girls who live in trailers
- Fat ugly weird girls escaping abusive relationships
- Fat ugly weird girls running for President
- Fat ugly weird girl demon protagonists who have to fight angel antagonists on behalf of human free will
- Fat ugly weird girls in period dramas
- Fat ugly weird girls participating in the Civil Rights movement and being badass
- Fat ugly weird girl composers
- Fat ugly weird girl farmers
- Fat ugly weird girl shapeshifters who COULD shift their default shape to be thin and pretty but choose not to
- Fat ugly weird girl telepaths
- Fat ugly weird superheroines
- Fat ugly weird girls learning not to hate themselves.
- Fat ugly weird girls who love themselves from the beginning of the story even though nobody else loves them.
FAT UGLY WEIRD GIRLS IN ALL THE MOVIES PLEASE.
I’ll buy tickets!
lbh, every time you share this picture a straight girl wanks
2 worthwhile effects with only one picture. Efficiency!
It’s important that people see this
I dont even know who this is, but the media pulls shit like this often and it should be publicized.
I have been thinking of Mark and the English Riots a fair bit in the last few days. Didn’t quite know what to say about it, though. Thank you for this. It is so relevant.
- Gaze, "Style," and the nude in the room
The majority of famous artists in history have been men. The majority of patrons and commisioners of art,...
unfriendly reminder that body-shaming terrible people is still body-shaming, still sends the message that people can be objectively ugly, that being...
- bhekugiepxcm said:WOMAN1: I just lost my baby after 10 weeks of pregnancy. I feel so sad. FEMINISTS: Aw, we feel so sorry for you. Your and your baby had a precious bond and I'm sure she's loving you from heaven. WOMAN2: I just had an abortion at 10 weeks. I'm not sorry. FEMINISTS: Good for you! That gob of goo is definitely not a baby and deserves no respect whatsoever.
People have emotional connections to things that are not actually sapient. If I had a fish and my fish died, then I would be really sad, even though...
my parents are visiting tomorrow
please pray, think good thoughts, or acausally trade with superintelligences for me, as per your belief system
- Congratulations, Superhero Girl
The Adventures of Superhero Girl is one of my favorite comics, and one of the ones I’m proudest to have...
- Trains and Their AlternativesBy far, my favorite species of libertarian writing is the article which attacks a government spending project by...